What Chamber does for you:
What Chamber does for you:
• The Chamber website offers members and visitors news and information about our community.
• The Chamber maintains community visibility through our social media channels as well as our regular media interviews.
• Our Quality Business Awards event puts a soptlight on local businesses, organisations and
individuals deserving recognition and celebrating business excellence within our community. The event is covered by a wide a range of media, furthering our recognition throughout the region.
• We act as a referral service for our Business and Non-Profit Members.
• We offer our Business and Non-Profit Members the ability to offer Member-to-Member Discounts.
• Membership provides members greater influence at a local level, by fostering opportunities to engage with local elected officials and have their voice heard.
• We facilitate member to member connections so as to create a strong and vibrant business
• We help business and non-profit members get started promoting their business through our networking opportunities and website visibility.
Quality Business Awards
The concept of the annual Quality Business Awards is to publicly recognise and promote outstanding businesses within our community.
In 2013 Tamworth aligned with several third party organisations to provide businesses with the opportunities to have their business excellence recognised not only on a local level but also a Regional and State level.
With nearly half of the Award categories in 2014 providing the winner a direct entry as a finalist at the relevant regional awards, Tamworth businesses were well represented with several local businesses winning again on a regional level and becoming finalists at the NSW State Business Awards.
Base membership with the NSW Business Chamber through the Chamber Alliance
Tamworth Business Chamber members are able to opt in to the Chamber Alliance, providing them with a FREE base membership with the NSW Business Chamber in addition to their membership with their local Chamber.
This base membership with NSWBC gives opted-in members access to a 24/7 telephone hotline providing access to advice and support on legislative issues such as IR, HR & WH&S; and access to a range of business resources.
By opting into to the Chamber Alliance you can also receive 20% a full membership with the NSWBC if you so choose.
Providing access to local, state and national leaders
Tamworth Business Chamber enjoys good working relationships with our Local, State and Federal leaders and strives to create two-way communication opportunities for its members and their guests.
Business listing in the Tamworth Business Chamber Business Directory
Members have access to their own listing in Tamworth Business Chamber online Directory, allowing them to update and change this listing as often as they so choose.
Membership to Tamworth Junior Chamber
Tamworth Junior Chamber was established to provide opportunities for young business professionals (18 to 35 years) to attend networking events based around topical business issues helping them gain new management and leadership skills, interact socially with business peers and develop as strong business leaders of tomorrow.
Keep abreast of local developments, promote your business amongst industry peers and be educated and/or inspired by topical and relevant speakers.
Tamworth Business Chamber hosts monthly Business Events – usually the third Thursday of the month. Often featuring big name speakers like John Buchanan (Coach of the Australian Cricket Team 1999-2007), John Gissing (CEO of Qantas Regional Airline Group) and Dr Jenny May (2014 Telstra RDAA Rural Doctor of the Year). These events are well attended and non-members are always very welcome!